English Language Skills Assessment (ELSA) - These are a series of tests in Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking. ELSA is a quick and user friendly test of a candidate’s English language ability. Once it has been completed candidates will receive an ELSA certificate showing their ability on a single scale, aligned with the Common European Framework.
ELSA is used around the world to benefit companies by helping them to:
- Review the Business English language abilities of employees across the company
- Benchmark the English language level required for specific jobs and then recruit or train accordingly
- Measure the return on investment for language training
- Compare the effectiveness of different programmes and different providers in order to maximise efficiency
- Motivate employees to study English and to track their progress
ELSA is also a great investment in people and is good for individuals because it is:
- Business-orientated - ELSA was developed by the business community for the business community, so the focus is practical
- Immediate - ELSA tests are available on demand, so you can take your test whenever you want
- Scientific - ELSA tracks your progress against a scientifically proven, statistically reliable scale with an accuracy level of 95%
- Quick - It takes only around 75 minutes of your time for the general reading and listening test
- EU Standardised - ELSA is aligned to the Common European Framework giving the tests a firm, recognised academic foundation
- Internationally Recognised - ELSA and London Chamber of Commerce qualifications are recognised around the world
- Cost-effective - For a small fee customers get the test, a personal report and an official certificate
- Straightforward - With a simple multiple choice format, the ELSA test can be taken without any preparation or special skills
- Flexible - Tests are available in either American or British English, depending on which is most important to the customer
- Guaranteed Certificate - Candidates cannot fail an ELSA test! EDI certifies candidates’ ability on a scale of 1-500, instead of just a PASS or FAIL
Launch the ELSA interactive presentation*. Here you will be able to:
- View product information
- Download ELSA tests aligned with CEF document
- Download ELSA university recognitions document
- View case studies
- Launch ELSA practice tests (online)
* Please note: You will require Adobe Flash Player to view the presentation.
Foundation English Language Skills Assessment (FELSA) - A series of tests for candidates with an elementary and above level of English. FELSA is suitable for candidates of all ages and backgrounds.
FELSA is a diagnostic tool to test and evaluate English language ability in Listening, Reading and Speaking for candidates with the equivalent level of proficiency to A1-A2 on the CEF.
The FELSA results provide positive learning outcomes for candidates at this level of English, describing what they can do in communicating in English.
The tasks in each test use everyday social and work place contexts and are designed to be suitable for people of any age or background. Each FELSA test has special features that make it attractive to the user, in either paper-based or online format:
- Short (maximum 30 questions)
- Simple, straightforward instructions
- Use of pictures, symbols and repetition to help people with limited English
- Large font size to assist with reading
FELSA tests are designed for an international audience. The situations in the tests will be international, rather than based only in the UK.
FELSA tests are available for Listening, Reading and Speaking. Each test is available as a stand alone diagnostic test, or any combination of the three tests can be used for a wider assessment. The tests are available on demand and may be administered in any location where examination conditions can be provided - school, college, other training location or place of work.