As an FE college you already know the importance of engaging with employers. Increasingly, employers wish to quality assure their own in-company programmes, and EDI has a track record of providing these services. Working in partnership with colleges and training providers, EDI can deliver mapping services for incompany programmes so that an FE college can concentrate on the delivery of the qualifications.
Working in partnership, EDI will manage the whole process without additional cost and bureaucracy for the college.
Some of our partnerships:
Providing the right option for the employer and their business
Endorsing the employer in-company programme
- Suitable if nationally accredited qualifications are not appropriate for the organisation
- Provides endorsement and independent quality assurance for in-company training programmes
- Demonstrates the quality of the in-company training programme by conferring Awarding Organisation approval of the aims, content and assessment
Accreditation within the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Development of QCF units and qualifications specific to the business or sector
- Allows the employer to input directly into the qualification content and structure utilising your sector expertise
- Provides nationally accredited and recognised units and qualifications with clear learning outcomes
Mapping of in-company programme to existing national qualifications
- Utilises existing QCF units which cover the same content as existing training programme (or proposed training programme)
- No need to develop new units or qualifications
- Provides nationally accredited and recognised units or qualifications with clear learning outcomes