What are Foundation Learning (FL) qualifications?
Foundation Learning is a suite of flexible learning programmes for young people and adults who are working at Entry Level and Level 1. It forms one of the four qualification suites for 14-19 year old learners alongside GCSEs, Diplomas and Apprenticeships. View our Guide to Foundation Learning.
Foundation Learning programmes combine subject or vocational learning with Functional Skills and personal and social development with clear paths through to Level 2 qualifications or other destinations.
Foundation Learning qualifications include:
- Award in Personal and Social Development at Entry 2, Entry 3 and Level 1
- Certificate in Personal and Social Development at Entry 2, Entry 3 and Level 1
- Award in Preparing for Employment at Entry 2, Entry 3 and Level 1
- Certificate in Preparing for Employment at Entry 2, Entry 3 and Level 1
- Certificate in Skills for Working Life at Entry 2 and Entry 3
New qualifications will be added as they are accredited into the QCF. Please see the Foundation Learning Catalogue for details, which is updated monthly by QCDA.
Using the Qualification Search, please see the individual qualification pages for further details.
For further advice or information on Functional Skills please contact our Account Services team on 0844 576 0045 (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org